The world of social media is constantly evolving, so it is important to keep up with the trends and take your social media presence to the next level. In 2020, Instagram launched a new feature called Instagram Reels.
They have been using them since, but it is only in the last year or so that the tool has become an indispensable, hugely popular part of the app. If you are not already, this is your sign to get informed and make your business’s first Instagram Reel!
What are Instagram Reels?
Firstly, for anyone who doesn’t know what Instagram Reels are, let us explain. Reels are a fun and creative way for you to connect with your audience. Reels are short videos with audio. Reels are made from either a number of clips or one clip/scene – this depends on the message you are trying to get across.
Reels can be shared to your Stories, and you can also add hashtags to help your content reach a larger audience. They sit on your profile under their own tab:
An example from the InterContinental London Hotel’s Instagram
Because of this, companies are increasingly turning to Instagram Reels to engage with their target audience and stand out from their competitors. By creating content in a new format, businesses can connect with their followers in a fun and creative way.
Instagram Reels offer the chance to share snippets of life, entertaining content, stories, and more, adding a whole new moving dimension to your Instagram content.
For businesses, Instagram Reels offer an exciting way to promote products and services, share behind-the-scenes content, events, and interact with their target audience in a more personal way. Reels allow you to showcase your unique personality and values. It is a great opportunity to show customers what your brand stands for and how you support your local community.
Companies who use Instagram Reels have the opportunity to make a real impact and stand out from the crowd. If you are looking to use Instagram Reels to engage with your audience, it is important to stay true to your brand and create content that resonates. As long as you stay creative and focus on delivering engagement and connection, Instagram Reels can be an extremely powerful tool for your business.
Now you know the importance of Instagram Reels you may be wondering how to create them, but fear not! We have a step-by-step guide on the process for you.
Before creating any reel, it is important to decide on the concept of the reel you are going to do, and whether you have content collected already or if you are going to need to record your content. While creating your Instagram Reel, make sure you are in the correct location and have all the props you need to make the process run as smoothly as possible.
Steps For Creating Instagram Reels
1. First things first, you need to open up the app. It doesn’t matter if you are on your profile page, feed or your for-you page, as long as the app is open.
2. Once you’ve opened the app, tap on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen and select reel.
3. You can record then and there, or select content that you took earlier, which I recommend doing, it just makes the process that bit easier.
To record on the spot, you just hold down on the record button or to select content you already have. To do this, just click the folder in the bottom lefthand corner and this will open up you camera roll. You can then select which videos you want to include in your Instagram Reel.
4. When you have your content selected, you can add music by clicking the musical note icon in the menu on the left-hand side.
5. Once you’ve selected your content and added your audio, it’s time to add your description, hashtags, location, and tag people in the reel if you wish! This process is exactly the same as it would be on a normal Instagram post.
6. Once you’re happy with your Instagram Reel, all that’s left to do is post. Simply click the Share button on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, and away we go!
It really is that easy. With just a few simple steps, you can create a unique and fun video that will give your Instagram account an interesting boost. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and create your first Instagram Reel today.